In dark and rainy days I am often craving for some hot and easy made cake. This one is just like that. Easy to make and super-delicious. I am using this recipe all year around by just changing the fruits and berries. As my big passion is green cardamon I love to add it in almost all desserts but it is really optional. If you don’t have green cardamon you can use nutmeg and cinnamon and it will work just perfectly.
- 180 g all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp green cardamom seeds, freshly ground
- pinch of salt
- 100 g butter in room temperature
- 100 – 200 g brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh milk, at room temperature
- 3 big apples, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Heat oven to 175°. Grease a pie pan with butter or coconut oil.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Fold in the flour mixture and the milk in additions, and stir with a spatula until combined. Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
5. Place the pieces of apple and blueberries in a pattern on the cake. Sprinkle granulated sugar on top.
6. Bake the cake for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 150°C and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes or until cake is golden brown