I love desserts. Especially the hot ones just straight out from the oven. This pumpkin and apple bread is a great treat for everyone, even those who think they don’t like pumpkin. I am sure they will change their mind after they try this.
It is very easy to make and also all ingredients now is available in every house and the best part of this cake is that you can make it even vegan by substituting egg with chia seeds and using a plant milk. It tastes awesome while still hot but you have to wait at least 5 minutes before you cut it in slices otherwise it will fall apart. If you are using home made apple puree from sweet apples you done need to use so much honey or sugar because cake will be sweet anyway, so feel free to add more or less sugar/ honey as it requires here. And don’t be afraid if cake looks very wet at the beginning, just give it some time to cool down. Enjoy with ice cream, cold milk or cup of your favorite tea or coffee. Have a nice Autumn!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar, honey, maple syrup or any other sweetener of your choice
- ⅓ cup olive oil or butter
- ½ cup milk ( you can use cow’s milk but also any plant milk will work great here)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apple puree
- 2 cups pumpkin, grated
- Preheat oven to 200’C degrees. Prepare an baking dish.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar, olive oil, milk, egg, and apple puree. Add in the flour, and stir. Fold in the grated pumpkin.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing. At the very end pour over the powdered sugar (optional).